A popular question amongst people I work with is, “why have a blog?” “Why do I need a blog?” And the answer is simple: It helps you to land serious visibility. It helps you market yourself as an expert in your niche in a way that showcases your expertise.
No matter what type of business you run, having a blog can be very beneficial. I have a large variety of clients amongst so many different niches, and I help every single one of them with a blog. From landscaping to feed mills, funeral homes to business coaches, having a blog has helped each of them in virtually the same way – to spread the word about their business.
Now, let’s get down to the nitty gritty. Here are a few ways a blog can help you:
- Keeps your audience updated about your business. Have a special you want to promote? Just launched a new offer? Your blog can help you market it in ways that social media and emails can’t.
- It teaches your audience. By providing valuable information to your audience, you can encourage them to look at you as the thought leader or expert in your niche. This only encourages them to follow you down the path to working with you. So, teach them about something that you do, share information that will help them progress in their field, and they’ll keep coming back to you for more.
- It’s great for driving traffic to your website. When I create a blog post, I create social media posts and an email newsletter promoting that blog post. Quick teasers to gain the interest of my audience, and in order to read more, they have to click the link to be taken to my website. More Clicks = More Views. Not to mention that by having a blog, it helps you perform better in Google by having SEO keywords and backlinks. Which is a whole other blog post in and of itself if you get my drift! 😉
- Helps to build an email audience. If people love to read your blog, they’re going to want to hear more from you. Therefore, you have a better chance of them joining your email list. And what’s so great about having an email list? This is something I discuss more in detail here. Emails allow you to show up in the inbox of your audience making them notice and remember you. They are most likely the first ones to see your new offers and therefore are the first ones to buy from you.
- Gain more social exposure. As mentioned above, I like to share teasers of the blog post on my social media to get more clicks on my website. It’s a great repurposing strategy that I love to share with others. You write a blog post, and that can easily be turned into 5-7 social media posts. Blog posts help fuel your social media output. Instead of trying to pull new social media content ideas out of thin air, you can promote your blog posts. Honestly, it’s a win-win.
Having a blog not only helps to fuel your content and marketing, but it’s also a way to find inspiration. I know when I go months without creating content, I start to feel disconnected from my business. Writing is what pulls me back in and reminds me of why I’m doing the work I’m doing.
With the right content marketing strategy, showing up in front of your audience can be as easy as pie! If you are ready to find where your next client is hiding, book a call with me today: www.calendly.com/crystalstatskey